This POC (Proof of concept) tend to analyse different service virtualization available on the market.
- POC = Proof of concept
- Service Virtualization = “A test double often provided as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), is always called remotely, and is never working in-process directly with methods or functions. A virtual service is often created by recording traffic using one of the service virtualization platforms instead of building the interaction pattern from scratch based on interface or API documentation.” (ref1)
- Stub = “A minimal implementation of an interface that normally returns hardcoded data that is tightly coupled to the test suite.” (ref1)
- Mock = “A programmable interface observer, that verifies outputs against expectations defined by the test.” (ref1)
Main feature to consider in Service Virtualization
- Multi protocol (not only HTTP).
- Record record real transaction to re-play them for testing purpose.
- Learn and cache responses.
List of Service Virtualization (Open source)
None yet if we consider SV main features.
List of Mocks (Open source)
|Citrus Framework||https://citrusframework.org||Works with a large spectrum of protocols (http, jms, ftp, mail, etc…)|
List of Service Virtualization (Commercial)
|HP SV||http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/service-virtualization/||Learn more|
- Open source vs Commercial : http://www.ontestautomation.com/service-virtualization-open-source-or-commercial-tooling/
- (ref1) Service Virtualization, Mocking, Stubbing : https://www.infoq.com/articles/stubbing-mocking-service-virtualization-differences
- Book HPE Service Virtualization : https://github.com/FanaticalTest/ft-poc-service-virtualization/blob/master/hp/book/4aa6-8645enw.pdf