We are super exited to release today a new web test factory that allows you to create functional automated test of any web application or website. This factory is open to anyone and anyone could contribute.
What’s new in 2.0?
We have remove our own framework and we decide to adopt Serenity BDD framework. We have decide to go with Serenity BDD in order to focus on test delivery and not reinvent the wheel. Also this framework has so many contributors that allows to keep it-self up-to-date.
Also the factory is delivered with a Gradle including some build tasks examples to manage several level of tests.
Last but not least, we provide a docker container for selenium agent in order to have a full selenium grid.
Getting started quickly
- Clone or fork the test factory.
- Open the project in your favorite Java IDE.
- In the terminal window, go to the projects root and run the selenium agent :
docker-compose up -d
- Run the vnc to open the agent in order to see live the test:
- Run the smoke test:
gradle clean smokeTest
- When the test is completed, run in the browser [project-root]/target/site/serenity/index.html and you should see a report similar to this example.